Skip to main content

Questions

I really do not use this often enough. Should I use it more? Should it go the way of my Facebook? Do I have anything interesting to say?

What do people want from a blog nowadays. Opinion? Prose? Long form life updates? Rambling nonsense? Musings on the nature of blogging?

Weird thing. I resisted instagram for a long time, and it may be my favourite social media now. So few of my tweets are original content now, it is odd. My feed has also drifted quite left. Not that it was ever super balanced.

Isn't social media a strange thing? The internet has enveloped so much of our day to day. Writing it in the internet for the sake of irony. There was a housing estate up here with no internet, people were saying how it was ruining their life. There is no distinction between online and meatspace, both are aspects of peoples 'real life'. It took me a lengthy disconnect before I disabled my Facebook. I never liked it the way I liked Twitter, so not sure why I stayed as long as I did. Social obligation maybe. The poor level of discourse there is what drove me away. And it is so much harder to curate than twitter.

Twitter took me a few goes to get the balance working. Not sure if I will try to rebalance it, or just leave it to run its course. Dump articles there from feedly.

Work is stressing my brain. I don't expect to necessarily love my job, but I'm a bit over hating it. What shall I do?

Questions seem to be the theme today, maybe next time you'll get answers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011

Wow, so, 2011 was quite the year for me. A year of all kinds of change and transformation.I feel like a much different person at the start of this year to what I did at the start of last. Firstly, anyone who knew me at the start of last year knew I was over everything. I didn't want a relationship and had mentally doomed myself to being alone forever. I was sad and lonely and I think maybe depressed too. I hated my job and was having anxiety issues. I was overweight, and looking back I don't know if I would have made it through many more years, the size I was. So, what changed. Put simply, everything. At the start of this year I find myself 11 months into a fantastic relationship with someone that I truly hope to spend the rest of my life with. I am fitter and healthier, I weigh 30 kg less than I did, and I am able to keep up with both a 21 year old girlfriend, and her 2 year old daughter. This makes me feel ridiculously happy. I also chucked in the job I hated and got my...

Pinkerton

Are these guys named after the union breaking guys, or is it the Australian edition of the same company?