Skip to main content

The news

Good evening all,

Surprisingly this isn't a rant about the media.

The last couple of days has pushed Mental Health into the spotlight for me, but it seems like no one else noticed. maybe I was just in the right place at the right time.

Yesterday on the news they had an article about Ben Cousins and his drug issues, an article about Matthew Newton and bipolar, and a story about a young man who pushed a girl who was trying to suicide by way of a train out of the way. Then this morning I heard a story about the pilot in America who flipped out and started ranting about terrorism and Iraq and Israel in the aisle of the plane.

I have no real observation based on this. no witty comments. All it makes me think is that mental health effects us all, and the sooner people realise it the better it can be dealt with by society. Unfortunately most of the reactions I have seen, particularly to Newton/Cousins is that they are dickheads using bullshit excuses for their issues. Fuck man, think about if they were you're sons or brothers or parents. I am pretty sure everyone knows my feelings on celebrity and sport worship in our society, and I feel sorry for these guys.

Anyway, I've got nothing else. Just a short ramble. I may write more about this, you never know.

Oh, one last thing. Look out for each other people, because sometimes people can't look out for themselves.

Now, that is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011

Wow, so, 2011 was quite the year for me. A year of all kinds of change and transformation.I feel like a much different person at the start of this year to what I did at the start of last. Firstly, anyone who knew me at the start of last year knew I was over everything. I didn't want a relationship and had mentally doomed myself to being alone forever. I was sad and lonely and I think maybe depressed too. I hated my job and was having anxiety issues. I was overweight, and looking back I don't know if I would have made it through many more years, the size I was. So, what changed. Put simply, everything. At the start of this year I find myself 11 months into a fantastic relationship with someone that I truly hope to spend the rest of my life with. I am fitter and healthier, I weigh 30 kg less than I did, and I am able to keep up with both a 21 year old girlfriend, and her 2 year old daughter. This makes me feel ridiculously happy. I also chucked in the job I hated and got my...

Pinkerton

Are these guys named after the union breaking guys, or is it the Australian edition of the same company?