So, in our society, one is expected to work, to contribute, to produce. Should someone expect any kind of fulfillment from this? Or should getting paid be enough? How do we determine who gets paid how much for what job? Does it reflect difficulty, community values, media reach of different professions? And what about volunteers, surely they are seeking a kind of fulfilment that cannot be provided by paid work.
'What is my point?', you may be asking.
I'm sick of this. I need to do something challenging or fulfilling, preferably both. But its hard when you're over thirty with a family to feed. I need to do a big amount of self examining, and figure out what I'm doing with my life, professionally speaking, soon. I say by the end of next weekend. If I publicly set a deadline, it is real and I have to do it.
But I am sure I've said before, I don't want to be driving forklifts when I'm 40. If only because I'm not very good at it.
Comments
Post a Comment