So, it is now public knowledge that my wife is pregnant, so I feel free to blog about the first 12 weeks of the process.
Firstly, inconclusive pregnancy tests are a pain. The faintest of lines appearing at the end of the recommended wait time do nothing good for your anxiety over whether you've been successful or not. Doctors being jerks about it does not help either. It is also less than helpful when they test for everything on earth, except pregnancy hormone. What the hell are you keeping all that urine for creep?
Anyway, that was the start of the journey for our future baby who I am going to name pancake, as that is the nicest name we've called it. The next step was an ultrasound. If I can impart only one thing I've learnt so far, let it be this. If you can at all avoid it, don't go for this ultrasound too early. Nothing in this world can make you feel as awful as the words blighted ovum, and that the pregnancy may not be viable. I don't know what the standard reaction to that news is, but mine was to be stunned and virtually speechless for about 10 minutes.
Luckily for us, the next ultrasound a couple of weeks later showed a heartbeat and that everything was going well. My beautiful wife was 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant, which was the best thing I could hear at that point in time.
So now we are twelve weeks. So we told the world. Let me tell you, if you want traffic on your facebook, get married or pregnant. I've never has so many likes and comments, as I have on these two occasions.
So, the due date is the first of August, and I will hopefully update more before then.
Peace out
Comments
Post a Comment